Umbria property near to Lake Trasimeno which comprises of a sizeable country home offering spacious family accommodation retaining a wealth of original features and charm. A traditional farmhouse plus a 2 bedroom guesthouse and 1-bed studio. All fully renovated. Superb views. Gardens, land and swimming pool.
Umbria Farmhouse with guesthouse, studio, swimming pool, gardens and 16 hectares of land
Enjoying a private location but close to amenities this stunning property was bought by the current owners as a ruin over fourteen years ago. They have rebuilt and restored using traditional, original and reclaimed materials and where original materials could not be reused, new parts have been expensively and skillfullyhandcrafted by trained artisans to match the existing ones, an example of which are the stone window lintels.
All the other typical features of Umbrian countryside properties can still be seen inside, wooden beams with terracotta tiles, vaulted ceilings (including the beautiful one covering the living room and spanning the whole length of the building), terracotta floors, stone walls (both inside and outside) and beautiful staircases.
The building complies with all the most recent anti-seismic regulations and benefits from newly installed electric, plumbing and sewage systems as well as a new and insulated roof.
All the other typical features of countryside properties can still be seen inside, such as wooden beams with terracotta tiles, vaulted ceilings (including the beautiful one covering the living room and spanning the whole length of the building), terracotta floors, stone walls (both inside and outside) and beautiful staircases.
The building complies with all the most recent anti-seismic norms and benefits from newly installed electric, plumbing and sewage system together with new and insulated roof.
This country home stands in 16 hectares (almost 40 acres) of land with a beautifully landscaped garden with flowers and ornamental trees. There is also a 12 x 6 m swimming pool with Roman steps and stone-paved solarium.
The remaining land is registered as arable and/or grazing land and would if you are a horse lover it would also be ideal for equestrian use.
The main farmhouse has a surface area of 280 sqm – 3,013 sqft with 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and is laid out over two floors. The ground floor houses a huge living room with an antique fireplace and vaulted ceilings, a stunning staircase, a professional kitchen with dining room and a bathroom. There is also a cloakroom and a boiler room with controls for the heating (under the floor on the ground floor and with radiators on the upper floor).
Upstairs, are a master bedroom with dressing room/study and private bathroom, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The guesthouse with a surface area of 80 sqm – 861 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms is laid out over two floors also. On the lower floor is a large living/dining room with a small kitchen. On the upper floors, are two double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. There is also a large workshop on the lower floor of the building.
The studio with a surface area of 30 sqm – 323 sqft with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom is a small building with a generous living room/bedroom, a small kitchen and a bathroom.
- TYPE Umbria Farmhouse with guesthouse, studio, swimming pool, gardens and 16 hectares of land
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Passignano sul Trasimeno
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 390 sqm (4,197 sqft)
- ROOMS 14
- BEDROOMS 6
- BATHROOMS 7
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams with terracotta tiles, stone fireplace, terracotta floors, vaulted ceilings, handcrafted details, new systems, garden, swimming pool
- LAND 16 hectares
- GARDEN Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXE Guesthouse, studio
- ACCESS Unpaved road (2 km)
- POOL 12 x 6 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected (energy class G)
- WATER Natural spring + private well (100 m)
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Under the floor + radiators
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (3km; 10’), Magione (11km; 20’), Preggio (11km; 20’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (12km; 20’), Umbertide (23km; 40’), Perugia (30km; 40’), Cortona (33km; 40’), Deruta (44km; 45’), Montepulciano (49km; 55’), Assisi (53km; 1h), Gubbio (53km; 1h), Montalcino (85km; 1h 25’), Siena (89km; 1h 15’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (38km; 45’), Ancona Falconara (141km; 1h 55’), Firenze Vespucci (153km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (210km; 2h 50’), Bologna Marconi (235km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (251km; 2h 35’)
See more Italian farmhouses for sale