Tuscan converted mill for sale. Fully restored 14th century stone mill house offering versatile, spacious and flexible accommodation with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, near to Caprese Michelangelo.
Caprese Michelangelo Tuscany mill for sale
This 14th-century property has been sensitively and beautifully restored to preserve its original character and charm and comprises two “wings”, the former miller’s house and the granary and offering very spacious and versatile accommodation. Nice, quiet countryside location but just 5 mins drive from Caprese Michelangelo.
The property has a floor area of 250 sqm – 2,667 sqft made up by two “wings” and spread over four floors.
The Millhouse wing
Under the house, there are two semi-basement walled rooms, one a cellar/storage room, the other a fully equipped summer kitchen with its original flagstone floor.
On the ground floor is the entrance hall, a dining hall with an original stone fireplace, a bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen with a large dining space, a small lounge (usable as a library or a study room) and a second garden-side entrance door, with a porch and stone steps.
On the first floor are a corridor, 3 large bedrooms a large bathroom and a set of stairs leading up to the loft.
The loft, directly under the roof, houses the gas boiler serving the mill house.
The Granary wing
On the ground floor, is a large, light and spacious living room with stone fireplace, high chestnut beamed ceilings and double French window leading to the garden and terraces, a small storage closet housing the central heating boiler and wide chestnut stairs leading to the first floor.
On the first floor, there is a landing, 2 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and stairs leading up to the gallery rooms.
Above the two bedrooms, there are 2 mezzanine gallery rooms suitable for children bedrooms, dressing rooms or study space and a storage room (alternatively a laundry room).
Standing in gardens and land totalling 3,000 sqm, the building is surrounded by large local stone terraces and stairs. There is ample room to build a swimming pool if desired. The garden descends towards the river and wooded hills.
A large lovely Tuscan home which could, if wanted, also be turned quite easily into 2 separate and spacious apartments, ideal as home and income.
- TYPE Old Tuscan mill house and granary converted to make a spacious home
- CONDITION Fully renovated, reworked and restored
- LOCATION Tuscan Countryside, surrounded by hills
- MUNICIPALITY Caprese Michelangelo
- PROVINCE Arezzo
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 250 sqm (2,667 sqft)
- ROOMS 19
- BEDROOMS 5
- BATHROOMS 5
- FEATURES Wooden beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, stone jambs, stone fireplaces, cellar, summer kitchen with flagstone floor, garden and terraces, ample parking area, chestnut shutters and double glazing throughout
- LAND 3,000 sqm
- GARDEN Yes, with large terraces and river at the bottom of the garden
- ANNEXE No
- ACCESS Unpaved road (150 m)
- POOL No (but there is enough space for a large pool)
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water
- GAS LPG tank
- HEATING Gas heating (2 independent systems), fireplaces
- TELEPHONE No
- NEAREST TOWNS Caprese Michelangelo (2km; 5’); Anghiari (17km; 25’); La Verna (21km; 30’); Sansepolcro (24km; 30’); Arezzo (38km; 50’); Montepulciano (89km; 1h 40’); Florence (112km; 1h 50’); Siena (116km; 1h 50’); Montalcino (117km; 2h)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (130km; 1h 50’); Perugia Sant’Egidio (89km; 1h 5’); Bologna Marconi (171km; 1h 50’); Pisa Galilei (191km; 2h 25’); Roma Ciampino (270km; 2h 55’); Roma Fiumicino (285km; 3h)
See more Italian Mill properties for sale