Small Tuscan estate with vineyards, stone farmhouse, cellar, land. Opportunity to add value utilising the farmhouse for holiday accommodation. Ideal for themed holidays such as wine or Art.
Tuscan Vineyard for sale – Montalcino
This property located in the hills near to Montalcino offers an excellent opportunity for an owner operator. 4.4 hectares of vineyard and a modern cellar capable of producing up to 86 hl of wine (approx. 11,500 bottles of wine). Further land plus a restored farmhouse and annexe giving 7 bedrooms overall plus a swimming pool and gardens.
The property would be an ideal location to offer holiday accommodation and themed holidays such as wine or Art. Nearby are the papal city of Pienza (16km; 25’), the wine cities of Montalcino (21km; 25’) and Montepulciano (30km; 40’), the medieval city of Siena (47km; 1h), Arezzo (64km; 55’), the Etruscan Volterra (95km; 1h 45’) and the Renaissant Florence (118km; 1h 30’).
Nearest airports are Grosseto Baccarini (81km; 1h 15’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (93km; 1h 15’), Firenze Peretola (138km; 1h 40’) and Pisa Galilei (199km; 2h 20’).
The farmhouse villa, dating back to the 17th century, has been carefully restored in 2006 with traditional materials and techniques to preserve the traditional Tuscan look of the building. On the outside are classical masonry walls, while on the inside there are terracotta floors, masonry arches, wooden beams and stone fireplace.
The farmhouse (610 sqm – 6,564 sqft) is laid out over two floors:
– Ground floor: entrance hall, double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower), living room with fireplace and panoramic view over the surrounding countryside, dining room and kitchen with central island and fireplace;
– First floor: bedroom with private loggia and en-suite bathroom (shower and tub) , living room with stone fireplace and kitchenette, loggia with view over the town, bedroom with en-suite bathroom (tub) and walk-in closet, two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (shower).
The annexe (50 sqm – 538 sqft) is laid out over two floors:
– Ground floor: studio;
– First floor: two bedrooms.
The cellar (740 sqm – 7,962 sqft) is fully equipped to process the grapes and produce wine in the property.
The property is made up of 12.5 hectares of land, mainly registered as arable land. Vineyards cover roughly 4.4 hectares of land and allow production each year of approx. 86 hl of wine (roughly equivalent to 11,500 bottles) made up of Cabernet Sauvignon (between 40% and 45%), Cabernet Franc (between 40% and 45%) and Petit Verdot (between 10% and 15%).
The remaining surface area is split between arable land (7.5 ha) and woodland (0.6 ha).
The garden surrounding the villa also hosts a 20 x 4 m swimming pool.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 4.4 hectares
– Varieties: Petit Verdot (34% ♦), Cabernet Sauvignon (33% ♦) and Cabernet Franc (33% ♦)
– Year of planting: 2003
– Altitude: 300 – 500 m
– Density: 8.400 vines / ha
– Average yield: 16 quintals/ha
– Terrain composition: clayish-calcareous
– Yearly production: approximately 86 hl (11,500 bottles)
- TYPE Small Tuscan estate for sale with vineyards, stone farmhouse, working cellar, land.
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Montalcino
- PROVINCE Siena
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 1,400 sqm (15,064 sqft)
- ROOMS 14
- BEDROOMS 7
- BATHROOMS 7
- FEATURES Vineyard, stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, brick-built arches, stone fireplaces, stone decorations, equipped cellar, loggia
- LAND 12.5 hectares (4.4 ha vineyard + 7.5 ha arable land + 0.6 ha woodland)
- GARDEN Yes, around the buildings
- ANNEXE Cellar, guest house
- ACCESS Unpaved road (750 m)
- POOL 20 x 4 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected (energy class G)
- WATER Mains water
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Under floor
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS
- Town with services (3km; 5’), Pienza (16km; 25’), Montalcino (21km; 25’), Montepulciano (30km; 40’), Siena (47km; 1h), Arezzo (64km; 55’), Volterra (95km; 1h 45’), Castiglione della Pescaia (99km; 1h 30’), Firenze (118km; 1h 30’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS
- Grosseto Baccarini (81km; 1h 15’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (93km; 1h 15’), Firenze Peretola (138km; 1h 40’), Pisa Galilei (199km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (219km; 2h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (233km; 2h 25’)
See more Vineyard properties