Organic wine growing and making business and property located in the Chianti Classico region of Tuscany. As well as producing wine the property also operates as a small agriturismo.
Tuscan Vineyard Business With Agriturismo For Sale
Good location in the heart of the Chianti Classico region, at an altitude of 400 m above sea level, this Organic vineyard has an ideal microclimate for vine cultivation and is just a five-minute drive from a small town with restaurants, shops and services. The property is accessible through a tree-lined gravel road in excellent condition.
Half an hour’s drive from Greve in Chianti and Siena, it is just one hour from Florence, Arezzo and Montepulciano, while it is possible to get to the Tuscan Coast, with Castiglione della Pescaia and Forte dei Marmi, is less than two hours by car.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Surface: 7.0 hectares (5.8 ha Chianti Classico DOCG + 1.2 ha Toscana IGT)
– Varieties: Sangiovese (72%), Merlot (9%), Malvasia Nera (8%), Colorino (8%) and Vermentino (3%)
– Year of implant: 2000 – 2009
– Exposure: South-Southwest
– Density (stump/ha): 6,600 (0.70 x 2.20 m)
– Training: free-standing bush, pruned-spur cordon
– Soil composition: marlstone, clayish, sandy
– Yearly production: 35.000 bottles (up to 49.000 bottles)
– Established markets: Italy, Canada, China, France, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, United States and Sweden
– Containers in the cellar: stainless steel tank (n°12 for total 354 hl), fibreglass tank (n°2 for total 55 hl), French oak barriques (n°70 for total 237 hl), tronconic tanks (n°2 for total 98 hl)
PRODUCED WINES AND PRICES
The following wines are highly-rated and have received international awards (Decanter, Gambero Rosso, James Suckling, Slow Wine and others):
– Chianti Classico DOCG (€ 14): 20,000 bottles (up to 25,500)
– Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva (€ 22): 10,000 bottles (up to 15,000)
– Chianti Classico DOCG Gran Selezione (€ 38): 3,000 bottles (up to 5,000)
– Rosso Toscano IGT “Merlot” (€ 29): 900 bottles (up to 1,500)
– Bianco Toscano IGT “Vermentino” (€ 13): 500 bottles (up to 1,000)
– Rosé Toscano IGT (€ 13): 600 bottles (up to 1,000)
This organic wine estate offers a sound commercial proposition especially with the opportunity to expand wine production whilst the farmhouse, currently running as Agriturismo, could be easily remodelled, whether partially or fully, into a permanent home and residence for the owner.
The property consists of a main farmhouse, offices and a wine tasting annexe, plus rural outbuildings for wine-making, bottling, ageing and storing of wines.
Currently running as Agriturismo, the main farmhouse boasts a total surface area of approximately 385 sqm – 4,143 sqft and has been divided into three independent apartments, consisting of
– Warden’s quarters (ground floor): studio apartment with entrance, main bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom;
– Apartment N°1 (ground floor): entrance, living room, kitchen, two double bedrooms, bathroom and external laundry;
– Apartment N°2 (first floor): living room with loggia, dining room, kitchen, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, double bedroom, bathroom and a few closets.
Near the main building are the annexes used for winemaking, described as follows.
-Building A – 73 square metres, composed of two rooms used as cellar and barricaia
-Building B – 95 square metres, composed of the cellar, storage for tools, shop, toilet and loggia.
-Building C – 50 square metres used as vat-cellar
-Building D – 72 square metres composed of an office room, sales room, tasting room, cellar, toilet and two storage rooms.
Dating back to the 18th century, the farmhouse has been tastefully renovated with high-quality materials and it features exposed stone facades, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, and terracotta floors.
Surrounded by a landscaped garden with an elegant swimming pool and sunbathing area, the farm is completed by 12 hectares of private land with vineyards and olive grove.
TYPE Organic wine growing and making business and property located in the Chianti Classico region of Tuscany. Chianti Classico Wine Estate with Agriturismo and 12 hectares of land
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic.
SIZE 675 square metres (7263 square feet)
FEATURES Exposed stone, stone fireplace, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, loggia, arches
LAND 12 hectares, of which 7 are vineyards (Merlot, Malvasia Nera, Vermentino, Colorino, Sangiovese grapes)
GARDEN Landscaped and well maintained
ANNEXE Office, wine tasting room, buildings for vinification, bottling and ageing rooms for storage
ACCESS Unpaved road
POOL 13 x 5 m (Infinity) with sunbathing area
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Private well with UV water disinfection system
GAS Yes, LPG gas tank
TELEPHONE Already connected
NEAREST TOWNS Radda In Chianti (6km; 10’); Siena (25km; 30’); Greve In Chianti (26km; 36’); San Gimignano (51km; 1h); Firenze (55km; 1h 5’); Arezzo (62km; 1h); Volterra (65km; 1h 20’); Montalcino (66km; 1h 10’); Montepulciano (75km; 1h 5’); Pienza (82km; 1h 15’); Cortona (83km; 1h 10’); Perugia (119km; 1h 25’); Lucca (127km; 1h 38’); Pisa (142km; 150’); Forte dei Marmi (158km; 1h 55’); Roma (247km; 2h 35’)
NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (64km; 1h); Perugia Sant’Egidio (130km; 1h 30’); Pisa Galileo Galilei (155km; 1h 40’); Bologna Marconi (155km; 1h 55’); Roma Ciampino (258km; 2h 30’); Roma Fiumicino (276km; 2h 40’)
See more Vineyards for sale