Old water mill for sale in Umbria. Fully restored 15th-century property on the banks of the river Tiber run as home and holiday accommodation. 6 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms, Swimming pool, river bank gardens. Nicely priced.
Umbertide Umbria. Restored 15th-century mill with guesthouse and pool on the banks of the river Tiber
This lovely old property has been used as a B&B and holiday home for almost 10 years with good results. The guesthouse allows the owners to live in the property if wanted, whilst utilising the main part of the property to be used for holiday accommodation. 6 bedrooms and bathrooms overall and a swimming pool and river access plus just a short drive from Umbertide make this an ideal touristic property or alternatively, it could be used for residential year-round use.
The main part of the property (130 sqm – 1,399 sqft, 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms) is the result of the renovation of the original 15th-century mill. Laid out over three floors, it has all the typical characteristics of the traditional historic buildings of the Umbrian and Tuscan countryside, such as chestnut wooden beams, terracotta floors and stone walls.
– Basement: two cellars with storage room;
– Raised ground floor: two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– First floor: living room, kitchen, closet, bedroom and bathroom;
– Mezzanine floor: bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
The guesthouse (80 sqm – 861 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) is on a single floor and comprises a living room with gallery, kitchen, guest bathroom with shower and two bedrooms (one with en-suite bathroom). The roof of the building has a photovoltaic system and the house is equipped with an alarm system.
The property stands in approximately 900 sqm of land, mainly garden and bordering the river Tiber which flows no farther than 15 metres from the property. The garden contains a convenient BBQ and a swimming pool, covering approximately 60 sqm. The property is fully fenced with an automatic gate and the garden is served by an automated irrigation system.
The inner surfaces of the pool and the covering cloth were replaced in 2017.
- TYPE Restored 15th-century mill with guesthouse and pool on the banks of the river Tiber, currently run as a home and holiday accommodation business
- CONDITION Restored (2015)
- LOCATION On the banks of the river Tiber
- MUNICIPALITY Umbertide
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 210 sqm (2,260 sqft)
- ROOMS 13
- BEDROOMS 6
- BATHROOMS 6
- FEATURES Stone walls, chestnut wooden beams, parquet floors, PVC fixtures with double glazing, terracotta floors, garden, swimming pool, BBQ, alarm system
- LAND Yes, well-maintained garden along the river bank
- GARDEN 900 sqm (0.2 acres)
- ANNEXE Guesthouse
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL Yes, 60 sqm
- ELECTRICITY Already connected + photovoltaic system (energy class E)
- WATER Mains water + private well
- GAS Municipal network
- HEATING Radiators + pellet stoves
- TELEPHONE To be connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (1km; 2’), Umbertide (7km; 10’), Città di Castello (17km; 15’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (22km; 30’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (35km; 45’), Cortona (40km; 50’), Gubbio (40km; 40’), Perugia (44km; 40’), Assisi (57km; 50’), Deruta (58km; 50’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (42km; 35’), Firenze Peretola (148km; 1h 55’), Ancona (151km; 2h 15’), Bologna Marconi (205km; 2h 15’), Pisa Galilei (208km; 2h 35’), Roma Ciampino (227km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (242km; 2h 45’), Milano Linate (410km; 4h 10’)
See more Mills for sale in Italy