Plot Size: 831000 m²
Living Area: 1800 m²
Heating: Radiators + fireplaces
Property: Stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams, wooden truss, masonry fireplaces, loggia, cellar, barrique room, brick arches, 18th-century oven, vineyard
Montalcino vineyard estate. Excellent opportunity to buy a wine property with further potential to expand both wine production and accommodation.
Italian Wine Estate – Val d’Orcia Winery
Located on the Tuscan hills of Val d’Orcia the estate covers 83.1 hectares of which 7.2 hectares are vineyards producing around 56,000 bottles of wine a year. This could be improved on by planting more vines on part of the 20 hectares of arable land. There is an equipped wine cellar (roughly 665 sqm) and ageing and storing room.
WINE PRODUCTION DETAILS
– Vineyard surface: 7.2 hectares (1.6 ha Rosso di Montalcino DOC ♦ + 5.6 ha Sant’Antimo DOC ♦)
– Varieties: Sangiovese (66,7% ♦), Cabernet Sauvignon (13,8% ♦), Merlot (13,8% ♦), Petit Verdot (5,7% ♦)
– Years planted: 2003 – 2004
– Altitude: 200 – 300 m
– Exposure: south/south-west
– Average density: 5,000 stumps/ha
– Average yield: 40 – 80 q/ha
– Training: pruned-spur cordon
– Harvesting: manual
– Yearly production: 420 hl (approximately 56,000 bottles)
– Maximum capacity: 1,400 hl (800 hl in stainless steel vats + 600 hl in wooden barrels)
♦ Rosso di Montalcino DOC: Sangiovese 100%
♦ Rosso Toscano IGT: Sangiovese 50%, Cabernet Sauvignon 25%, Merlot 25%
♦ Rosso Toscano IGT: Cabernet Sauvignon 100%
The main building in the property is laid out over two floors.
On the ground floor are the wine cellar (roughly 665 sqm) completed by a shed used as an ageing and storing room.
The first floor has two independent apartments (380 sqm in total):
– Apartment N°1: loggia, living room with fireplace, kitchen, sitting room (currently used as a tasting room), three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a wood-burning oven from the 18th century;
– Apartment N°2: living room, three bedrooms (one with a walk-in closet), three bathrooms, kitchen with dining room.
There are several agricultural buildings (manure-pit, warehouse and stone annexe). A large ruin is 70% owned and the remaining part could be bought by separate negotiation.
The main building, which houses the cellar and the two apartments, has been finely restored keeping the typical Tuscan characteristics. The apartments have terracotta floors, wooden beams with terracotta tiles on the ceilings, brick arches and stone fireplaces. The cellar has been reworked so to have ample space and make it easier to produce wine.
Other buildings in the property need recovery and renovation work before being usable. The ruin, in particular, is in bad shape and requires a reconstruction from the ground-up.
As mentioned previously, the estate has 83.1 hectares of land. The vineyards (7.2 ha) are made up of red varieties of grape only (Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot e Petit Verdot) planted between 2003 and 2004. The remaining land is arable and grazing land (34.2 ha) and woodland (41.7 ha)
- TYPE Montalcino Vineyard for sale. Italian Wine estate with cellar, vineyards, two apartments and farmhouse to be restored
- CONDITION Part restored
- LOCATION Hilly
- MUNICIPALITY Montalcino
- PROVINCE Siena
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE Approx. 1,800 sqm (19,368 sqft)
- ROOMS 30+
- BEDROOMS 6+
- BATHROOMS 5+
- FEATURES Stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams, wooden truss, masonry fireplaces, loggia, cellar, barrique room, brick arches, 18th-century oven, vineyard
- LAND 83.1 hectares (7.2 ha vineyards + 34.2 ha arable and grazing land + 41.7 ha woodland)
- GARDEN Yes, around the buildings
- ANNEXE Several residential and rural buildings
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL No
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water + private well
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators + fireplaces
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Montalcino (18km; 25’), Abbazia di Sant’Antimo (28km; 40’), Pienza (40km; 50’), Montepulciano (54km; 1h 10’), Siena (60km; 1h 15’), Grosseto (60km; 1h), Castiglione della Pescaia (81km; 1h 20’), Follonica (100km; 1h 25’), Florence (131km; 2h 15’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (64km; 1h), Perugia Sant’Egidio (127km; 2h), Firenze Peretola (142km; 2h 10’), Pisa Galilei (208km; 2h 25’), Roma Ciampino (236km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (229km; 2h 40’)
See more Italian vineyard properties