Large historical Florentine villa for sale. Fully restored prestige 16th century property which with 25 bedrooms overall would be ideal for luxury vacation rental use.
Large historical Florentine villa For sale, gardens, land, olive grove.
Excellent Tuscan countryside property, sympathetically restored in a panoramic location close to the city of Florence and its airport.
The imposing villa (2,611 sqm – 28,075 sqft) is laid out onto 4 floors plus a small turret and they are organized as follows: 10614
– Basement (986 sqm – 10,614 sqft): this part of the building, accessible both from the outside and the inside via a staircase, hosts the historical cellar, split into several ample rooms, all with direct access from the garden. These rooms are rich in history and tradition, with their high ceilings (more than 5 m), huge wooden portals and carved stone, but are fitted with all the modern comforts (such as under floor heating system). The basement also contains the boiler for the villa and various systems ready for bathrooms, storage rooms and services.
– Ground floor (629 sqm – 6,755 sqft): this floor is made up of a music room, 2 bedrooms, a historical kitchen with tea room, a standard kitchen, 3 sitting rooms, a concierge with cloakroom, a winter garden and an open air courtyard. Here we can also find two open-air courtyard for a total of 102 sqm (1,097 sqft).
– First floor (627 sqm – 6,742 sqft): this floor is mainly reserved for 10 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms (some of them also have an en-suite sitting room), a library and a living room.
– Second floor (369 sqm – 3,964 sqft: here we find 6 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, a laundry and a storage rooms. This floors leads then to the turret, made up of a bedroom, a sitting room and a bathroom.
The atelier (262 sqm – 2,816 sqft) is laid out onto two floors:
– Ground floor: here we find the a kitchen, a sitting room, a veranda, an office and a small toilet. From here we can also get access to the basement, which is located under both the main villa and the atelier.
– First floor: 5 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and a studio with WC.
The rooftop of the building (152 sqm – 1,636 sqft) is accessed via an internal staircase and hosts a nice terrace.
A small central-plan 16th century church (76 sqm – 818 sqft) is also included in the property, as well as some other buildings currently being used as storage for firewood and tools, all for a total of 814 sqm (8,791 sqft).
The original building dates back to the 16th century and was built on the land once belonging to a powerful Florentine Guelph family. After several years, during which the property changed owners multiple times, the villa was enlarged and modified under supervision of a Florentine architect at the beginning of the 18th century. The south-western façade of the building was preserved in its 16th century aspect, while the old farm was incorporated in the villa once and for all. The main façade, over the garden, was realized with a baroque style typical of the city of Rome and fairly uncommon in Tuscany. On the eastern side, the raised Italian garden offered enough space underground for the construction of a spacious cellar. Both the façades, while asymmetrical after the enlargement of the 18th century, still boast three lines of windows: the lower one with “inginocchiate” (literally meaning kneeled) windows, the first floor ones with stone frames and the upper ones smaller and less decorated.
The property has been carefully and finely restored (starting in 2001) using only original and prestigious materials, while installing modern comforts such as air conditioning, alarm system, satellite TV, ADSL and Wi-Fi.
The villa is in excellent condition: floors are covered in marble and terracotta, while walls are plastered with marble powder. Ceilings are supported by wooden beams, which matches the wooden fixtures scattered all over the residence and realized in cypress wood by Tuscan artisans. Many rooms boast frescoes and decorations which have been carefully restored over the years.
Finally, windows are large and grants a nice brightness to the rooms, all coupled with the presence of double glazing which offers a high degree of security.
The villa is surrounded by 7.3 hectares of land. Here we can find a rose garden (which has over 200 types in it), 3 different parking areas, a well-maintained Italian garden, an aromatherapy garden, all fitted with an irrigation system. Two projects have already been approved: one for the realization of a grass tennis court, the other for a 21 x 7 m swimming pool.
The rooftop of the atelier hosts a nice panoramic terrace (152 sqm – 1,636 sqft), from where you can enjoy an incredible view over the surrounding countryside. Same goes for the windows on the upper floors which offer an equally stunning view, free of obstructions and obstacles.
The property also includes a nice olive grove which could produce a high-quality olive oil viable both for sale or private consumption.
TYPE Large historical Florentine villa for sale
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
SIZE 3,763 sqm (40,500 sqft)
FEATURES Pergolas, rose garden, Italian garden, aromatherapy garden, church, irrigation system, well, olive grove, cellars, frescoes, marble floors, terracotta floors, wooden beams, cypress fixtures, panoramic view, courtyard. Permission for tennis court.
LAND 7.3 hectares
GARDEN Yes, with Italian garden, rose garden and aromatherapy garden
ANNEX Atelier, church, agricultural sheds and warehouses
POOL Project approved for a 21 x 7 m pool
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water + private well
HEATING Radiators, air conditioning
TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL + Wi Fi
Town with services (10km; 15’), Florence (29km; 40’), San Gimignano (36km; 40’), Monteriggioni (38km; 35’), Volterra (57km; 1h), Siena (58km; 55’), Pisa (81km; 1h 10’), Arezzo (91km; 1h 10’)
Firenze Peretola (39km; 35’), Pisa Galilei (78km; 1h), Bologna Marconi (120km; 1h 25’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (173km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (301km; 3h 5’), Roma Fiumicino (316km; 3h 5’)