Affordable Italian Castle Property. Restored Lake Trasimeno apartment near to Magione in a beautiful 14th-century medieval castle, 2-bedroom apartment (100 sqm). The property has been finely restored and updated and has a well-maintained 500-sqm garden. Ideal home or holiday property.
Affordable Italian Castle Property
Very nice restored property just thirty minutes from the historical centre of Perugia and the beautiful Cortona, as well as 50 minutes from Assisi, Montepulciano, Foligno, Gubbio and Todi.
The main cities of Tuscany, like Arezzo and Siena, can be reached in one hour by car, while Florence is only one hour and a half.
The apartment has a surface area of roughly 100 sqm – 1,076 sqft is laid out over a single floor. The main entrance door leads directly into the living/dining room, while the two lateral doors give access to the two bedrooms. Two bathrooms (one for each bedroom) complete the property.
The house is built along the external wall of a 14th-century fortified complex, built on the ruins of an old 11th-century monastery. The building which is mentioned in documents dated 1363, having been used as a defensive fortress before becoming a private fortified residence. The property belonged to the noble families Baglioni and Pompilii. During the 17th century, the building was abandoned and slowly fell into ruin until the recent renovation.
The apartment has been thoroughly restored and the process, carried on under the supervision of the Soprintendenza di Perugia, was completed in July 2012.
The garden of the property covers roughly 500 sqm (0.1 ac), is fully fenced and houses a few olive trees and a wooden pergola. A lighting system allows the use of the outdoor spaces at night. Access to the property is granted by an automatic gate, followed by a paved walkway leading straight to the building.
This Lake Trasimeno apartment is perfect to be used as a second home or as your main dwelling.
Furthermore, it would be also suitable to be rented out to tourists during the summer season.
- TYPE Apartment in a medieval castle
- CONDITION Restored (2012)
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic, lake view
- MUNICIPALITY Magione
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 100 sqm (1,076 sqft)
- ROOMS 3
- BEDROOMS 2
- BATHROOMS 2
- FEATURES Stone walls, garden with lighting system, parquet flooring, under-the-floor heating system, alarm, automatic gate
- LAND 500 sqm (0.1 ac, fenced)
- GARDEN Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXE No
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL No
- ELECTRICITY Already connected (energy class D)
- WATER Mains water
- GAS Municipal network
- HEATING Underfloor
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (2km; 4’), Magione (7km; 10’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (13km; 20’), Castiglione del Lago (22km; 30’), Perugia (27km; 30’), Città della Pieve (32km; 40’), Cortona (34km; 35’), Assisi (47km; 50’), Montepulciano (50km; 50’), Gubbio (60km; 1h), Foligno (63km; 55’), Todi (65km; 55’), Arezzo (79km; 1h), Montalcino (85km; 1h 20’), Siena (95km; 1h 10’), Florence (136 km; 1h 40’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (35km, 40’), Ancona Falconara (149km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (206km; 2h 15’), Roma Fiumicino (224km; 2h 25’), Bologna Marconi (239km; 2h 30’), Pisa Galilei (240km; 2h 30’)
See more Italian Castle properties