If you are looking to invest in Italian real estate then this pair of Medieval merchant townhouses in the historic centre of Perugia are ideal as student lets, holiday rentals or maybe even a small B&B.
Rental Investment Perugia Umbria
These two townhouses have an excellent location in Perugia and are close to public transport and provide an ideal rental investment opportunity catering to the many students attending the University of Perugia or AirBnB style for the many tourists who visit Perugia or to even use to start a small B&B.
Unlike most of the neighbouring properties, they have not been split into apartments and have kept their original layout. One has been restored, the other needs a full renovation. 3 up to 4 bedrooms.
Townhouse N°1 has a surface area of 103 sqm – 1,108 sqft with1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms is spread over three floors and is fully restored and perfectly habitable:
– Ground floor: living room with fireplace, dining room with kitchen and under-stair laundry room;
– First floor: master bedroom, dressing room and bathroom;
– Second floor: studio (possible bedroom) and bathroom.
Townhouse N°2 ( has a surface area of 100 sqm – 1,076 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms spread over three floors and needs a full renovation, the ground floor is currently used as a storage room. An idea for the new internal layout has already been proposed in a project draft:
– Ground floor: living room with fireplace and kitchenette;
– First floor: bedroom with en-suite bathroom;
– Second floor: bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
With some work, it would be possible to connect the two townhouses to have a single larger residence with garden by making a new door opening in the kitchen of townhouse N°1.
The two houses, each have their own independent access but share the garden (approx. 80 sqm – 0.02 sqft) which is located between them and which has to be crossed in order to reach the townhouse N°2. The garden is enclosed by a stone wall.
- TYPE Ideal property rental investment. A pair of Medieval merchant townhouses in the historic centre of Perugia
- CONDITION Partially restored
- LOCATION Historic centre
- MUNICIPALITY Perugia
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 203 sqm (2,184 sqft)
- BEDROOMS 3 (up to 4)
- BATHROOMS 4
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, vaulted ceilings, terracotta floors, fireplace, garden, quiet position, public parking a few seconds away, an excellent connection with the city centre
- LAND 80 square meters (0.02 acres)
- GARDEN 80 sqm (0.02 ac)
- ANNEXE No
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL No
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water
- GAS Municipal network
- HEATING Already connected
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Passignano sul Trasimeno (29km; 25’), Assisi (29km; 30’), Foligno (38km; 35’), Todi (45km; 45’), Cortona (49km; 50’), Gubbio (54km; 45’), Montefalco (55km; 50’), Castiglion Fiorentino (64km; 55’), Montepulciano (65km; 1h), Orvieto (77km; 1h 15’), Terni (82km; 1h)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (14km; 20’), Ancona Sanzio (118km; 1h 30’), Firenze Vespucci (170km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (186km; 2h 20’), Grosseto Baccarini (188km; 2h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (200km; 2h 10’), Pisa Galilei (230km; 2h 40’), Bologna Marconi (245km; 2h 45’)
See more Commercial property for sale