Near to Città di Castello is this restored country farmhouse with barn conversion annexe, swimming pool and a fenced garden. A large rural property offering peace and privacy and countryside views.
Farmhouse with barn conversion annexe, swimming pool and a fenced garden
A lovely country home which has the added benefit of a one bedroom annexe suitable as a “granny ” annexe or could be used as a holiday let.
These farmhouses were completely restored and renovated in 1995 and have been kept in excellent condition by the owners. Both buildings retain the characteristic stone and brick walls used in many of the farmhouses in this part of the Italian countryside. Inside are preserved the rural characteristics with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, original terracotta floors and decorated stone fireplaces. Doors and window frames are equipped with double-glazing and reinforced glass.
The main farmhouse, a roomy 270 sqm – 2,905 sqft and with 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, is laid out over three floors comprising:
– Ground floor: entrance, kitchen, dining room, living room with original fireplace, sitting area, bathroom and laundry room with water-softener under the staircase;
– First floor: large landing, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, double bedroom, walk-in closet and bathroom;
– Second floor: library, which could potentially convertible into an extra bedroom.
The barn conversion, 100 sqm – 1,076 sqft with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom, was built utilising the old tobacco drying barn and is laid out two floors:
– Ground floor: large living room with fireplace and kitchenette;
– First floor: landing, double bedroom and bathroom.
This lovely property stands in 4,570 square metres of well kept and maintained gardens and is also fenced. Irrigation comes from an artificial reservoir built nearby. The barn conversion has a large loggia, supported by both columns and wooden beams, where there is a BBQ area with a fireplace.
Not far from the two buildings is located in the pool area which is paved in stone. The 8 x 4 m pool is equipped with a swimming machine, whirlpool and waterfall.
An excellent versatile property which offers a few possibilities.
- TYPE Farmhouse with barn conversion annexe and garden
- CONDITION Restored (1995)
- LOCATION Hilly
- MUNICIPALITY Città di Castello
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 370 sqm (3,981 sqft)
- ROOMS 11
- BEDROOMS 3 (up to 4)
- BATHROOMS 4
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, truss, original terracotta floors, a portico with barbecue fitted with an oven, covered panoramic terrace and firewood storage
- LAND Fenced garden
- GARDEN 4,570 sqm with irrigation
- ANNEXE Barn conversion
- ACCESS Paved road (500 m) + unpaved road (1.5 km)
- POOL 8 x 4 m (with swimming machine, whirlpool, waterfall), sauna with shower
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators + fireplaces (3)
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS Città di Castello (4km; 10’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (8km; 15’), Sansepolcro (20km; 20’), Umbertide (27km; 25’), Tuoro sul Trasimeno (52km; 55’), Gubbio (56km; 50’), Perugia (59km; 50’), Cortona (59km; 1h), Assisi (72km; 1h), Montepulciano (89km; 1h 25’), Todi (100km; 1h 15’), Montefalco (101km; 1h 15’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (57km; 45’), Firenze Peretola (135km; 1h 45’), Ancona Falconara (141km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (196km; 2h 25’), Bologna Marconi (197km; 2h 15’), Roma Ciampino (239km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (253km; 2h 40’)
See more Farmhouses for sale in Italy