A few minutes from Città di Castello in Umbria, a restored farmhouse with converted barn, gardens, land, small vineyard and olive grove and a heated swimming pool. 4 Bedrooms overall.
Umbria Countryside property
In a panoramic position on the hills that border Umbria and Tuscany is this restored country property with 3.0 hectares ((7.4 acres)) of land. It is easily reached via a short stretch of well-maintained unpaved road (500 m), and ideally located for easy travel to and from the major towns and cities of the two regions
The farmhouse has a surface area of 217 sqm – 2,335 sqft with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is laid out over comprising:
– Ground floor: bedroom with pergola, bathroom, cellar/laundry room, large room currently used as a bedroom (but also convertible into a spacious living room);
– First floor: kitchen with fireplace and outdoor loggia, hallway, living room, bedroom and bathroom.
The old drying barn with a surface area of 40 sqm – 430 sqft with1 bedroom and is fully restored and also laid out two floors :
– Ground floor: living room with fireplace (kitchenette to be built);
– First floor: bedroom (with bathroom to be built).
This countryside farmhouse property has been restored in typical rustic style with traditional features such as stone walls, original terracotta floors, wooden beams and stone fireplaces. Externally, on the ground floor, there is an ample pergola which is covered in vines. Upstairs, the kitchen opens up on another loggia.
The farmhouse is surrounded by 3.0 hectares (7.4 acres) of land, part of which is a well-maintained garden. There are also 30 olive trees, 7 fruit trees (apples and quinces), a small vineyard (roughly 500 sqm – 0.1 ac) with six 20 m rows. A small natural pond is fitted with a pump to irrigate both the garden and the fruit orchard. Adjacent to the farmhouse there is also the 10 × 5 m heated swimming pool.
The property is crossed by a private road which gives two entrances to the property from the municipal road nearby.
The house offers a beautiful view over the valley below and two castles can be seen from the property: one is located on top of a nearby hill, whilst the other, which belongs to the Marquis Bourbon del Monte, is located down in the valley.
- TYPE Country farmhouse with converted barn, land, garden, swimming pool and small vineyard
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Città di Castello
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 257 sqm (2,765 sqft)
- ROOMS 8
- BEDROOMS 4
- BATHROOMS 2 (up to 3)
- FEATURES Stone walls, original terracotta floors, wooden beams, stone fireplaces, brick-built arches, garden, vineyard, pergola, loggia, small olive grove
- LAND 3.0 hectares (7.4 acres)
- GARDEN Yes
- ANNEXE Converted Drying barn
- ACCESS Unpaved road (500 m)
- POOL 10 × 5 m (heated)
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Private well + a pond for irrigation
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators + fireplace + air conditioning
- TELEPHONE Already connected + Internet
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Umbertide (21km; 25’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (21km; 35’), Città di Castello (23km; 30’), Cortona (29km; 50’), Sansepolcro (40km; 40’), Castiglion Fiorentino (42km; 55’), Anghiari (47km; 45’), Gubbio (54km; 55’), Perugia (58km; 55’), Assisi (71km; 1h)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (58km; 50’), Firenze Peretola (156km; 2h 5’), Ancona Falconara (164km; 2h 10’), Grosseto Baccarini (174km; 2h 25’), Bologna Marconi (215km; 2h 35’), Pisa Galilei (217km; 2h 45’), Roma Ciampino (237km; 2h 55’), Roma Fiumicino (252km; 2h 50’)
See more Umbria real estate