Organic farm with olive grove and vineyard for sale in Umbria. Excellent opportunity to buy a productive Olive farm. 25 hectares land (18 ha olive grove + 1.2 ha vineyards + 3 ha arable land + 2.8 ha woodland). Farm buildings plus a 5 bed renovated farmhouse.
Olive and Wine Estate. Olive farming in Italy
Near to the Tuscan border, this excellent property produces at the moment around 7.5 tons of olive oil but when all the trees mature you can expect to boost production up to around 20 tons per year. Add in the small vineyard (1.2 ha) which would be capable of producing up to 15,000 bottles a year and you can see that would be a very interesting commercial venture especially for a “hands on” owner.
The farmhouse (approx. 400 sqm – 4,304 sqft, 5 double bedrooms and 6 bathrooms) is laid out over four floors comprising:
– Ground floor: entrance hall, gym with dressing room, bathroom and shower, sauna, Turkish bath and two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– First floor: living room with dining area, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– Second floor: multipurpose room and two double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– Third floor: storage loft (80 sqm – 861 sqft).
A small annexe (42 sqm – 452 sqft) located next to the farmhouse houses a mini-apartment on two floors, an oven, the well, a two-car garage and a veranda.
A warehouse (503 sqm – 5,412 sqft) on two floors supports the farming business and hosts two bathrooms, the offices, a small shop and the processing rooms. The layout on two floors allows processing products on the ground floor (which is vehicle-accessible) and the lower floor.
Please note that the following production data refers to past years when the vineyards were still exploited to their full potential. It is possible to restart the production of wine.
– Vineyard surface: 1.2 ha
– Varieties: Sangiovese (♦), Cabernet Sauvignon (♦), Merlot (♦), Chardonnay (♦), Sauvignon Blanc (♦)
– Yearly production: 15,000 bottles (10,000 ♦ + 5,000 ♦)
Olive trees in the property (approx. 8,000 trees in total) are split between two different farms(18 ha in total). Production is constantly increasing since the most recent tree plantings (2012) are not fully mature and productive yet. Trees of farm A (15 ha, the most recent) are fitted with an irrigation system (root and foliage) and are already compatible with a mechanical harvest. Furthermore, groves are divided by cultivar so that each variety can be harvested at the peak of maturation (veraison).
The farming business is run with organic methods, in full respect of nature.
OLIVE GROVE 15 ha
YEAR OF PLANTATION 1993 – 2012
Gentile di Anghiari (8%)
Dolce Agogia (5%)
Pendolino (1%, pollinator)
OLIVE GROVE3 ha
YEAR OF PLANTATION 16th and 17th century
ALTITUDE 300 – 500 m
YEARLY PRODUCTION Approx. 7.5 tons (up to 20 tons at full production)
HARVEST Manual (mechanization possible)
Produced olive oils have been awarded over the years several prizes. The most recent ones, year 2019, came from Slow Food Italia (with two distinct olive oils were awarded a quality certificate) and from the participation to the Japan Olive Oil Prize 2019, where the estate ranked second over 242 other producers.
- TYPE Farm with 18 hectares of olive grove and a small vineyard
- CONDITION Renovated
- LOCATION Hilly
- MUNICIPALITY Città di Castello
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 945 sqm (10,168 sqft)
- ROOMS 12
- BEDROOMS 5
- BATHROOMS 7
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, barrel vaults, olive grove
- LAND 25 hectares (18 ha olive grove + 1.2 ha vineyards + 3 ha arable land + 2.8 ha woodland)
- GARDEN No
- ANNEXE Storage room, agricultural warehouse
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL No
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water + well
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (8km; 10’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (16km; 20’), Città di Castello (19km; 20’), Umbertide (20km; 20’), Castiglion Fiorentino (29km; 35’), Sansepolcro (36km; 30’), Arezzo (41km; 1h), Anghiari (42km; 40’), Cortona (42km; 55’), Gubbio (50km; 50’), Perugia (64km; 55’), Montepulciano (66km; 1h 15’), Assisi (77km; 1h), Siena (98km; 1h 30’), Firenze (111km; 1h 50’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (62km; 45’), Firenze Peretola (132km; 1h 50’), Pisa Galilei (192km; 2h 30’), Bologna Marconi (211km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (243km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (258km; 2h 45’), Milano Linate (415km; 4h 15’), Milano Malpensa (469km; 4h 50’)
See more Olive farms for sale