Chianti hills Florence Tuscany wine estate for sale. Prestige property with 2,546 sqm of livable surface accommodation plus 16 hectares of land, including 4.6 ha of Chianti Classico DOCG vineyard and 10 ha olive grove. Historic villa, chapel plus several residential and/or agricultural buildings.
Chianti hills Florence Tuscany wine estate for sale
A charming Historic property which would lend itself perfectly to touristic development to add to the present wine and Olive oil income.
The property is made up of several buildings, the oldest of which date back to the 13th century. The villa can be traced back to the 16th century and the presence of kneeled-windows (finestre inginocchiate) seems to suggest Michelangelo’s influence (directly or indirectly it is hard to say) in the original project.
As of now, the property is in good structural and aesthetic conditions but needs some restorations to be carried out.
The historic villa (1,476 sqm – 15,882 sqft) is the main core of the property and includes the manor residence, a conservatory, two apartments and a cellar for wine production.
The manor quarters (626 sqm – 6,736 sqft) is laid out on three above-ground floors plus a basement, organized as follows:
– Basement: ageing cellar and wine-tasting room;
– Ground floor: kitchen, pantry, ironing room, living room, sitting room, library and studio;
– First floor: living room, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, two wardrobes, four bedrooms and three bathrooms;
– Second floor: kitchen, two closets, bedroom, bathroom and living/dining room.
The conservatory (61 sqm – 656 sqft) is located on the northern side of the villa and allows sheltering the plants during winter.
The apartment N°1 (188 sqm – 2,023 sqft) is laid out on two above the ground floors and is accessed via an external staircase:
– First floor: three bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Second floor: kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and a bathroom. Through a winding staircase, one can reach the panoramic terrace on the rooftop, overlooking Florence on one side and the Monte Amiata on the other.
The apartment N°2 (81 sqm – 872 sqft) is located above the conservatory and is made up of the kitchen, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
The cellar (520 sqm – 5,595 sqft), on the southern side of the villa, is laid out onto four floors:
– Basement: vat room;
– Ground floor: bottling room, storage room and vat room;
– First floor: storage room.
The farmhouse (654 sqm – 7,037 sqft) is split into two residences (each with private garden) laid out on two floors:
– Unit A (324 sqm – 3,486 sqft): living room, studio, kitchen with portico, laundry room and bathroom on the ground floor; through a stone staircase on reach the first floor made up of a studio, three bedrooms and three bedrooms;
– Unit B (330 sqm – 3,551 sqft): kitchen, living room, bathroom, pantry on the ground floor; three bedrooms, three bathrooms, studio and wardrobe on the first floor.
Both the residence has a private garden.
The foresteria (86 sqm – 925 sqft) is a small two-story building:
– Basement: bathroom and wardrobe;
– Piano Terra: living room with kitchenette and bedroom.
The warehouse (330 sqm – 3,551 sqft) is located right in front of the farmhouse and is currently used storage for agricultural tools and machinery.
The complex also has a beautiful 18th-century chapel.
The complex is surrounded by an ample park made up of several small gardens. At the rear, the villa has an Italian garden with pietra serena columned portico with 15th-century decorations. Here there is a beautiful pool framed in pietra serena. From this Italian garden, you can access, via a couple asymmetrical staircases, a further garden with dining area and outdoor kitchen. Moving north you pass through a rose tunnel, a garden and finally an olive grove.
As far as cultivations are concerned, there are 4.6 hectares of vineyards (of which 3.8 hectares listed as Chianti Classico DOCG) which can be used to produce wine thanks to the cellar in the villa and 10 hectares of olive grove (listed as Chianti Classico DOP).
TYPE Prestigious Chianti hills Florence Tuscany wine estate with a historic villa, chapel and Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards
CONDITION Partially restored
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
SIZE 2,546 sq mt (27,395 sqft)
FEATURES Historic buildings, chapel, pietra serena decorations, park, vineyards, olive grove, wooden beams, frescoed walls and ceilings, portico with columns, terracotta floors, vaulted ceilings stone walls
LAND 16 hectares (10 ha olive grove + 4.6 ha vineyard + 1.4 ha park and garden)
ANNEX Several residential and/or agricultural buildings, 18th-century chapel
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Already connected
GAS Already connected
TELEPHONE Already connected
A town with services (6km; 10’), Florence (16km; 35’), Greve in Chianti (26km; 35’), San Gimignano (46km; 50’), Monteriggioni (47km; 40’), Volterra (66km; 1h 5’), Lucca (86km; 1h)
Firenze Peretola (16km; 30’), Pisa Galilei (74km; 1h), Bologna Marconi (110km; 1h 15’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (163km; 1h 50’), Roma Ciampino (291km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (306km; 2h 55’)