Superb commercial opportunity comprising a 158.5-hectare Tuscan wine estate with an historic villa, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards, olive grove and Agriturismo. Wine, Olive oil and tourism income streams.
Chianti Classico Wine, Olive Oil and Agriturismo Business for sale
Outstanding property with multiple buildings and land with multiple income streams located near to Castellina in Chianti in the world-famous Tuscan Chianti Classico region.
Looking at the buildings first of all
The Main villa complex. The villa (935 sqm – 10,060 sqft, 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms) is a building built in the late baroque style and dates to the 18th century.
The restoration was carried out between 2003 and 2004. The building houses three halls, one of which has independent access, two dining rooms, a studio, eight double bedrooms (each furnished in a different and specific style) served by as many bathrooms. Outside, the villa is has a finely landscaped garden which also houses the 16 x 8 m panoramic swimming pool.
The main villa complex is completed by a warehouse, a tavern with bread oven and a consecrated chapel ideal to celebrate weddings in a unique setting.
Farmhouse one (837 sqm – 9,006, 12 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms) is a 14th-century building split into five apartments. The farmhouse can sleep up to twenty-five guests and all the apartments are accessed independently. Outside, a 12 x 3 m swimming pool is reserved for guests.
– Apartment N°1 (4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms): living room, kitchen, TV room, four double bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°2 (2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms): living room, kitchen, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°3 (3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms): living room, kitchen, TV room, two bedrooms, a single bedroom and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°4 (1 bedroom and 1 bathroom): kitchen with dining area, double bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°5 (1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms): living room, sitting room, kitchen, double bedroom and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°6 (1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms): living room, kitchen, double bedroom and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°7 (1 bedroom and 1 bathroom): double bedroom and bathroom.
Farmhouse two (258 sqm – 2,776 sqft, 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms) is a 14th-century building which has been split into four apartments which could sleep to fourteen guests. The farmhouse is located amidst the wood, in an extremely quiet and peaceful location.
– Apartment N°8 (3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms): living room, kitchen, three bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°9 (1 bedroom and 1 bathroom): living room, kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°10 (1 bedroom and 1 bathroom): living room, kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°11 (2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms): living room, kitchen, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The hamlet (1,692 sqm – 18,206 sqft) is the commercial nerve centre of the estate and is made up of buildings dating back to the 14th century assembled around a small square with a fountain. These buildings house the offices, the salesroom for the products of the estate, the wine cellar (671 sqm – 7,220 sqft) and the olive mill (162 sqm – 1,743 sqft). Other rooms are also used by the staff of the estate
Farmhouse three is 14th-century (356 sqm – 3,830 sqft, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms), not yet restored but split into two apartments, one of which has crumbled ceilings:
– Apartment A (2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom): living room, kitchen, two double bedrooms and bathroom. On the lower floor, we have three cellars.
– Apartment B (2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom): living room, kitchen, vestibule, two bedrooms and bathroom. On the lower floor, we can find more rooms to be restored.
Lastly, a building (353 sqm – 3,798 sqft) which houses ample storage rooms and a garage.
The buildings in the estate, except for the manor villa, are typical Tuscan farmhouse style with stone and masonry walls. Inside, all the traditional features of countryside buildings have been preserved and retained such as terracotta floors, wooden beams and stone fireplaces.
The villa is a beautiful 18th-century building with original finishes which include large halls with huge windows allowing a great deal of light to enter the building.
The estate covers a total surface area of 158.5 hectares. Mainstays of the estate are the Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards (19.4 ha) and the olive grove (21.2 ha). The remaining surface area is split between a fruit orchard (0.3 ha with cherries, pears and apples), mixed woodland (105 ha), arable and unused land (12.6 ha).
The buildings are surrounded by gardens and similar for a total of approximately 13,700 sqm (3.4 ac).
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface area: 19.4 hectares
– Varieties: Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Colorino, Trebbiano, Foglia Tonda, Malvasia Nera, Montepulciano, Canaiolo Nero, Gamay, Malvasia Bianca
– Altitude: 430 m
– Exposure: South
– Harvesting: Guyot, pruned-spur cordon
– Density of implant: up to 4,600 vines / hectare
– Years of plantation: 1980 – 2013
– Soil composition: clayish, calcareous, rich in stones
– Yearly production: 850 hl (110,000 bottles)
– Maximum storage capacity: 2.527 hl (372 hl stainless steel + 1.850 hl concrete + 280 hl wood + 25 hl barriques)
– Chianti Classico DOCG: 90% Sangiovese, 7% Canaiolo, 3% Trebbiano and Malvasia
– Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva: 85% Sangiovese, 10% Canaiolo, 5% Trebbiano and Malvasia
– Chianti Classico DOCG Vigna di Gaversa: 85% Sangiovese, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon
– Vinsanto Chianti Classico DOP: Trebbiano, Malvasia, Sangiovese
– Grappa Chianti Classico: Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Trebbiano, Malvasia
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
– Surface: 21.2 hectares
– Number of trees: 5,500
– Cultivars: Frantoio (80%), Moraiolo (15%), Leccino (5%)
– Altitude: 430 m
– Olives harvested: 32 tons
– Average oil yield: 16%
– Yearly production: 54 hl (5 tons)
A superb property and business with the possibility of increasing the number of bedrooms.
- TYPE Historic Tuscan Estate with a winery, olive oil and Agriturismo businesses
- CONDITION Majority restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Castellina in Chianti
- PROVINCE Siena
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 4,431 sqm (47,676 sqft)
- ROOMS 60+
- BEDROOMS 31+
- BATHROOMS 28+
- FEATURES Wine cellar, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards, olive grove, pond, olive mill, manor villa, stone walls, wooden beams, original terracotta floors, brick-built arches, stone fireplaces, panoramic swimming pool, Agriturismo, wooden truss, panoramic balconies
- LAND 158.5 ha (19.4 ha vineyards + 21.2 ha olive grove + 12.6 ha arable land + 0.3 ha fruit orchard + 105 ha mixed woodland)
- GARDEN Yes, around the buildings
- ANNEXE Several residential and agricultural buildings
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOLS 16 x 8 m and 12 x 3 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS Castellina in Chianti (7km; 10’), Poggibonsi (13km; 20’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (22km; 30’), Monteriggioni (23km; 30’), San Gimignano (26km; 40’), Siena (34km; 40’), Volterra (49km; 1h), Florence (52km; 1h), Montalcino (71km; 1h 25’), Pienza (101km; 1h 35’), Pisa (102km; 1h 45’), Lucca (122km; 1h 40’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (62km; 1h), Pisa Galilei (98km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (143km; 1h 50’), Grosseo Baccarini (117km; 1h 40’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (147km; 2h), Ancona Falconara (262km; 3h 35’), Roma Ciampino (277km; 3h 5’), Roma Fiumicino (292km; 3h 10’), Milano Linate (339km; 3h 35’), Milano Malpensa (393km; 4h 10’)
See more Vineyard Property for sale