Business for sale near San Gimignano Tuscany comprising a restored 4.5-hectare estate with historic villa converted into 11 apartments, currently run as an upmarket luxury holiday resort.
Tuscan Holiday Complex Business
This commercial property for sale in Tuscany is an ideal location near to San Gimignano which allows guests to visit Tuscan cities such as Florence, Siena, Lucca and Pisa in no more than an hour and a half travelling time.
The property is mentioned in documents dating back to the beginning of the 14th century linked to the nearby villa which was owned by a noble Tuscan family. The building at the heart of the property was originally built as a watchtower.
The farm was bought by another rich Florentine family in 1410 and remained with them until a series of bad financial decisions forced the family to sell to the Archbishop of Pisa.
In 1867, the wedding of one of the archbishop’s heirs with a member of the Savoy family brought the villa into the hands of the royal family. The House of Savoy remained owners of the villa until 1946 (when they were exiled after the results of the Italian Referendum) and after that, the building was owned by a countess.
At the end of the 1990s the property after decades of neglect was bought by current owners who, with carried out a skilful restoration and conversion, bringing it back to its original splendour and glory.
This business for sale comprises an estate with 4.5 hectares of land, partially covered by woodland with the remaining areas divided among arable and grazing land. An olive grove (approx. 150 trees) produces an excellent olive oil which is used in the preparation of meals for the guests.
Not far from the complex is located the 16 x 8 m swimming pool, paved in mosaic tiles and surrounded by a solarium in Izzalini stone (often called Pietra di Todi) reserved for the guests of the business.
The garden also contains a large pergola which is used during summer for al fresco dinners, as an alternative to the indoor restaurant.
The villa comprises the manorial residence (28 bedrooms and 21 bathrooms) plus a guesthouse (3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms). All the apartments have been restored and updated retaining the typical Tuscan style and features.
– Apartment N°1: living room, dining area with kitchenette, two double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet, bedroom and bathroom, terrace and private garden;
– Apartment N°2 (on two floors):
– Ground floor: living room with kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom; the private portico is equipped with furniture;
– First floor: studio, double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet;
– Apartment N°3: living room with kitchenette and fireplace, three double bedrooms, two bathrooms and terrace;
– Apartment N°4: living room with fireplace, dining room with kitchenette, studio, three double bedrooms, single bedroom (gallery) and three bathrooms;
– Apartment N°5: living room with kitchenette, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°6: entrance hall, living room with kitchenette, two double bedrooms (one of which on the upper floor) and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°7: living/dining room with kitchenette, double bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°8: living room, dining room with kitchenette, four double bedrooms (one of which on the upper floor) and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°9: living room with kitchenette, three bedrooms (one of which on the upper floor) and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°10: living/dining room with kitchen and fireplace, three double bedrooms, a single bedroom and two bathrooms.
The guesthouse (3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) hosts the apartment N°11, made up of the living room with kitchenette and fireplace, three double bedrooms and to bathrooms. The building also has a private garden for the guests.
Other than the apartment, the property includes a restaurant hall with professional kitchen, pantry and services, located on the underground floor, formerly used as cellars. On the outside is a pergola for the guests.
The remaining surface area of the building is split among technical rooms and storage rooms, plus a working laundry for the guests.
The whole building is surrounded by Tuscan-terracotta-paved walkways, terraces and aprons.
- TYPE Business for sale in Tuscany. 4.5-ha estate with a historic villa, currently run as an upmarket luxury holiday resort
- CONDITION Renovated
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY San Gimignano
- PROVINCE Siena
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 1,934 sqm (20,810 sqft)
- ROOMS 69
- BEDROOMS 31
- BATHROOMS 25
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, fireplaces, stone steps, wrought iron rails, handmade terracotta floors, satellite TV, restaurant, wooden pergolas, barrel vaults, ventilated roofs with recovered terracotta tiles, pool with equipped solarium, woodland and olive grove, shared areas with gazebos, umbrellas, sofas and tables
- LAND 4.5 ha (11.1 acres)
- GARDEN Yes, well-maintained around the buildings
- ANNEXE Guesthouse with private garden
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL 16 x 8 m (mosaic-tiled)
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water + private well
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Fancoils + air-conditioning
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS San Gimignano (5km; 10’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (10km; 15’), Monteriggioni (21km; 30’), Volterra (32km; 40’), Siena (37km; 40’), Florence (52km; 1h), Bolgheri (73km; 1h 30’), Montalcino (75km; 1h 20’), Pisa (80km; 1h 20’), Pienza (88km; 1h 30’), Follonica (93km; 1h 40’), Lucca (123km; 1h 30’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (63km; 50’), Pisa Galilei (77km; 1h 15’), Bologna Marconi (144km; 1h 40’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (151km; 1h 50’), Roma Ciampino (279km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (294km; 3h), Milano Linate (341km; 3h 25’), Milano Malpensa (394km; 4h)
See more Business property for sale