Bolgheri wine property. In the Tuscan countryside near the sea, an established and well known Bolgheri wine estate with 25 hectares of vineyard and state of the art wine cellar.
For Sale – Bolgheri Tuscany wine estate
In recent years the Bolgheri DOC wines have become much better appreciated and sought after. This has been further helped by the opening of World Wine Town Bolgheri which houses a museum and restaurant dedicated to the Bolgheri wine and area traditions and has various events throughout the year drawing visitors from around the world.
This prestige wine estate offers 25 hectares of vineyard, with a state of the art 1,607 sqm wine cellar, and production of up to 200,000 bottles of wine per year, among which is the exceptional Bolgheri DOC. The property is completed by the offices for the business and three apartments.
The modern wine cellar (1,607 sqm – 17,298 sqft) is laid out over two floors, with ample rooms suitable for wine production and equipped with first-class machinery. The ground floor has two barrique-rooms, a technical room and storage for agricultural vehicles and mamachinery. On the first floor is a large vats room for vinification (480 sqm – 5,166 sqft).
The historic building (525 sqm – 5,651 sqft) is laid out over two floors. On the ground floor are located service roms for the cellar (341 sqm – 3,670 sqft) which include several tasting rooms, a storage room, a lab for analysis, two offices, two dressing rooms (one for men, the other for women), a closet and a room for glass-washing.
The first floor hosts three apartments (4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms), currently inhabited by the workers of the estate but potentially usable for a hosting business:
– Apartment N°1 (53 sqm – 570 sqft): living room with dining area and kitchen, double bedroom, single bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°2 (69 sqm – 742 sqft): living room with dining area and kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°3 (62 sqm – 667 sqft): living room with dining area, kitchen, double bedroom, single bedroom and bathroom.
This Bolgheri wine estate covers 28.4 hectares of land. However, 12 ha of these are rented from another property and not directly owned, with a renting contract coming due on June 30, 2039. In total, the estate can count on 25 hectares of vineyard which allow the production of the excellent Bolgheri DOC. Vineyards are split among different plots of non-bordering land so to take advantage of different soils and protect against possible natural calamities.
DETAILS OF WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 25 hectares (partly owned, partly rented)
– Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon (♦), Cabernet Franc (♦), Merlot (♦), Petit Verdot (♦), Syrah (♦), Vermentino (♦), Sauvignon Blanc (♦)
– Altitude: 200 – 300 m
– Exposure: east-west, north-south, south-east, south-west
– Grape production: up to 2,000 quintals
– Training: pruned-spur cordon
– Soil composition: clayish, sandy, muddy
– Yearly production: 120,000 – 200,000 bottles (up to 300,000)
– Average pricing: € 8.40 / bottle
– Sales: Italy (70%), abroad (30%)
♦ Bolgheri Superiore DOC: Cabernet Sauvignon 40%, Cabernet Franc 32%, Merlot 28%
♦ Bolgheri Rosso DOC: Merlot 65%, Cabernet Sauvignon 25%, Petit Verdot 5%, Syrah 5%
♦ Rosso Toscano IGT: Merlot 50%, Cabernet Sauvignon 50%
♦ Bianco Toscano IGT: Vermentino 85%, Sauvignon Blanc 15%
TYPE Established and well known Bolgheri wine estate with 25 hectares of vineyard and state of the art cellar
SIZE 2,132 sqm (22,939 sqft)
FEATURES Modern cellar, vineyards, apartments, terracotta floors, brick arches
LAND 28.4 hectares (25 ha vineyard + 1.6 ha olive grove + 1.8 ha arable land)
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water
GAS Municipal network
HEATING Already connected
TELEPHONE Already connected
Bolgheri (12km; 15’), Castagneto Carducci (9km; 10’), Volterra (46km; 55’), Follonica (46km; 35’), Livorno (71km; 60’), Pisa (80km; 1h 5’), Siena (158km; 1h 55’)
Pisa Galilei (76km; 55’), Grosseto Baccarini (90km; 1h), Firenze Peretola (129km; 1h 35’), Roma Fiumicino (260km; 2h 45’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (265km; 3h), Roma Ciampino (280km; 3h)